Translate

Monday, August 24, 2015

The dating website

Abraham was an old man and wanted a good wife for his son. Parents desire that their children will have a good spouse. So the parents try to guide their children.
Abraham was setting up an arrange marriage for his son. He wanted a godly wife for his son.
Abraham had a godly wife and wanted that for his his.
Abraham was living in an area that the women were wicked so he went to place that had godly women.
If a person is a follower of Jesus, that person needs to ask the Lord for wisdom. God will guide the believer in the area of marriage.
God knows the best person for everyone so we need to depend on the Lord.
People focus on relationships but we need to focus on the Lord. We must repent from our sins and follow Jesus. Then we will be guided by the Lord.

Genesis 24:1-4

 Abraham was now very old, and the Lord had blessed him in every way. He said to the senior servant in his household, the one in charge of all that he had, “Put your hand under my thigh. I want you to swear by the Lord, the God of heaven and the God of earth, that you will not get a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I am living, but will go to my country and my own relatives and get a wife for my son Isaac.”

No comments:

Post a Comment