Translate

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Faithful

We like the word faithful. It means that an promise will be fulfilled. We all want an person to be true to their words. I have good news for you.

I am not impressed with many people. Most people are flaky so I don't expect much from mankind.
There is an Being that I have fallen love with. This being is called God.

I see God's faithfulness in the topic of Israel. God promised Abraham that an great nation will be from him. If you read Genesis 17:1-8, then you will see God promise to Abraham.

Genesis 35:11-12 says, "And God said to him, "I am God Almighty; be fruitful and increase in number. A nation and a community of nations will come from you, and kings will come from your body. The land I gave to Abraham and Isaac I also give to you, and I will give this land to your descendants after you."
These verses in intense. This event climaxes the Isaac-Jacob cycle. Now that Jacob was at last back at Bethel, where God had begun his direct relationship with him, God confirmed to this chosen son of Isaac the covenant promises made to Abraham. His words echo his original benediction pronounced on man in the beginning (Genesis 1:28) and renewed after the flood (Genesis 9:1, 9:7).
God's blessing on mankind would be fulfilled in and through Jacob and his offspring (Genesis 47:27 and Exodus 1:7).

Genesis 35:13-15 says, Then God went up from him at the place he had talked with him. Jacob set up a stone pillar at the place where God had talked with him, and he poured out a drink offering on it; he also poured oil on it. Jacob called the place where God had talked with him Bethel."
God had an nice talk with Jacob.  A person can either pretend that it didn't take place or honor the Lord.
Jacob wanted God, so he honored God. He gave his soul to the Lord. If you are curious what Bethel means, it means house of God. Jacob's body was an example of an house of God.

I can relate to Jacob. Jesus came to me and I responded. The best move in life is to follow Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment