Translate

Saturday, February 23, 2013

His suffering from a distance

41) Prophecy: Jesus family and friends would observe his suffering from a distance
Old Testament Reference: Psalm 38:10-11
New Testament Fulfillment: Luke 23:48-49; Matthew 27:55-56

Psalm 38:10-11

 10 My heart pounds, my strength fails me; even the light has gone from my eyes.11 My friends and companions avoid me because of my wounds; my neighbors stay far away.

 

 

Luke 23:48-49

 48 When all the people who had gathered to witness this sight saw what took place, they beat their breasts and went away. 49 But all those who knew him, including the women who had followed him from Galilee, stood at a distance, watching these things.

 

 

Matthew 27:55-56

 55 Many women were there, watching from a distance. They had followed Jesus from Galilee to care for his needs. 56 Among them were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of Zebedee’s sons.

No comments:

Post a Comment