I’ve never been to Israel ๐ฎ๐ฑ, but one day I’d LOVE to stop at one of the little waterfalls of En Gedi ๐ฆ๐ด and spend a moment reflecting on the place where David once hid from Saul ๐♂️๐.
These rugged Judean hills ⛰️ were a place of fear, hiding, and uncertainty for David. Saul was pursuing him, yet David chose mercy over revenge ❤️๐ฉน๐. In 1 Samuel 23–24, David even spared Saul’s life after cutting off part of his garment. ๐ก️๐✂️
And then there are Psalm 57 and Psalm 142 ๐๐ถ—songs connected with David’s time hiding in the wilderness. Psalm 57 especially hits different when you imagine David surrounded by danger, literally taking refuge in the rocks and caves ๐ชจ๐, yet declaring:
“Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me,
for in you I take refuge.” ๐๐️
And then somehow, in the middle of all that fear, David says:
“My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.” ๐ถ❤️๐ฅ
THAT is the part that gets me. ๐ญ
David wasn’t waiting for everything to be perfect before worshiping. He was hiding. He was hunted. He was surrounded by danger. And still… he chose to trust God. ๐✨
๐ฟ En Gedi was also known as Hazazon-tamar and became a significant place in Israel’s history. During the time of Jehoshaphat, opposing armies gathered there (2 Chronicles 20:2) ⚔️๐️. The Song of Solomon even describes En Gedi with imagery of fruitfulness and beauty ๐ด๐บ๐.
So someday, I hope I can stand beside one of those little waterfalls ๐ฆ, look out over those ancient desert hills ⛰️, open Psalm 57 ๐, and just remember:
God can be your refuge even when you’re surrounded. ๐️๐ค
“Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
let your glory be over all the earth.” ๐๐✨
#EnGedi ๐ฆ #Israel ๐ฎ๐ฑ #Psalm57 ๐ #David ๐ถ #BiblicalHistory ๐️ #GodIsMyRefuge ๐️ #BiblePlaces ๐ฟ #Psalm142 ๐ #Faith ๐ #Jehoshaphat ๐ #OldTestament ๐ #WildernessWithGod ๐️✨ #BibleTravel ๐✈️

No comments:
Post a Comment