Translate

Thursday, November 7, 2019

We need grace

I have been studying to grow my faith. I have been lead to look at many verses. I will share with what  God has been showing me. I take my faith very serious.

1) The first verse is Ephesians 2:8-9. It says, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourself, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast."

I see that these verses talk about the cross of Jesus and resurrection with faith will save an person from hell. No amount of God works can save a person or keep an person saved.

2) Here is the second verse. Jesus talked about what works the true believers needs to have. I will now show you this verse.
John 6:28-29, "Then they asked him, "What must we do to do the works God requires?" Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

It is clear in this verse, that our works to to believe. I am doing the work of God because I believe in Jesus.

3) I am right before the Lord not by doing and observing the Old Testament but the blood of Jesus.
Here is Galatians 2:16, "Know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified."

4) Here is an verse about grace that lead up the cross and Jesus is the Word of God.
Galatians 2:21, "I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing."

5) I believe that faith is the key and faith in Jesus. Romans 3:28, "For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law."

6) These Bible verses talked about the curse that may want to follow. Galatians 3:10-14, "All who rely  on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the law." Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because,"The righteous will live by faith." The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, "The man who does these things will live by them." Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree." He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit."

Here is some more verses that I have been studying. Study them with me.
They are Matthew 23:1-4, Matthew 23:23-28, Hebrews 11:1-6, Romans 11:6, James 2:10, Hebrews 9-11, Romans 3:1-4:25,  and Colossians 20-23.


No comments:

Post a Comment