Translate

Friday, November 15, 2019

Going back home

Do you have fond memories of home? It may the nice meals that an parent baked for you. It could be the nice time growing up with an sibling.

Where is your home? I will be honest, this world is no one home. We may be able to rent an place or have an paper saying that we have some land. No one can keep their land or rented place.

Jacob was living life like me and you. We can easily get distracted from knowing truth in life. We can be addicted to having fun. We may think that money is the cornerstone of life. These things are great but if we miss God then we miss everything.

God told Jacob to go back to Bethel. Bethel means "house of God." Jacob was called to move back to Bethel. Genesis 35:1 says, "Then God said to Jacob, "Go up to Bethel and settle there, and build an altar there to God, who appeared to you when you were fleeing from your brother Esau."

Jacob had issues in his life. Esau wanted to kill Jacob so Jacob ran. God comforted Jacob at Bethel. Jacob built an altar to God. An altar is an place where a person humbles themselves before God.
I need to kneel before the cross of Jesus. I have issues in life, it is called sin. I must be humble before the Lord.

Many times, people say that faith is an belief. It is true but their must be actions showing our trust.
Jacob believed God and he moved to Bethel. Genesis 35:2, "So Jacob said to his household and all who were with him, "Get rid of the foreign gods you have with you, and purify yourself and change your clothes."

Our souls are not right. We have sin in our lives. We must hate our sins and turn to Jesus. Our spiritual clothes are dirty and smells bad. We need an wash from Jesus. When we repent and turn to Jesus then we will have clean clothes.

Genesis 35:3-5, "Then come, let us go up to Bethel, where I will build an altar to the God, who answered me in the day of my distress and who has been with me wherever I have gone." So they gave Jacob all the foreign gods they had and the rings in their ears, and Jacob buried them under the oak at Shechem. Then they set out, and the terror of God fell upon the towns all around them so that so that no one pursed them."

When a person purse Jesus and faith, they will face spiritual attacks from the devil. That person should not fear the devil because God will guide this person.
I am a person of faith. I have been growing in my relationship with Jesus and had spiritual warfare occurred today. I trusted that God would help me and He did.

Jacob and myself needs to be humble before the Lord. May we get closer to Jesus and we hate our sins.

Genesis 35:6-7, "Jacob and all the people with him came to Luz (that is, Bethel) in the land of Canaan. There he built an altar, and he called the place El Bethel, because it was there that God revealed himself to him when he was fleeting from his brother."

 YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS_DX-OGey8


No comments:

Post a Comment