Translate

Monday, June 6, 2016

Trust and not deceive

We should trust in the Lord and if he wants bless us then the event will happen. We don't have to use deception in this life. When a person trust in the Lord and in the will of the Lord then that person needs to depend on the Lord.
Jacob and his mother had faith to believe in the Lord and wanted the blessing of the first-born so they deceived Isaac. Jacob got the blessing but he will not talk to his family for many years because he deceived Isaac.
Esau didn't want to honor the Lord and I believe that Esau would have denounced his birth-right so Jacob should not have used deception.
Esau hated Jacob because Jacob was dishonest. Jacob had faith but God still had to work on his morals.
Jacob hurt his witness when he was dishonest. Jacob needed to trust in the Lord but God will discipline his children. Jacob had an hard life because he should have trusted in the Lord.
We are dishonest then we need to ask the Lord for a better character. Bad character will destroy the trust between the people of faith and the people that don't believe in the Lord.
Jacob would be blessed by the Lord with the first-born right and blessing but he should have allowed the Lord to give that right to him and not have used deception.  

Genesis 27:14-21

 

14 So he went and got them and brought them to his mother, and she prepared some tasty food, just the way his father liked it. 15 Then Rebekah took the best clothes of Esau her older son, which she had in the house, and put them on her younger son Jacob. 16 She also covered his hands and the smooth part of his neck with the goatskins. 17 Then she handed to her son Jacob the tasty food and the bread she had made.
18 He went to his father and said, “My father.”
“Yes, my son,” he answered. “Who is it?”
19 Jacob said to his father, “I am Esau your firstborn. I have done as you told me. Please sit up and eat some of my game, so that you may give me your blessing.”
20 Isaac asked his son, “How did you find it so quickly, my son?”
“The Lord your God gave me success,” he replied.
21 Then Isaac said to Jacob, “Come near so I can touch you, my son, to know whether you really are my son Esau or not.”

No comments:

Post a Comment